Security and Privacy Settings:
1. Open System Preferences. This can be accessed by clicking on the Apple in the top left and selecting 'System Preferences' from the drop-down.
2. Select 'Security and Privacy'
3. Click the lock in the bottom left, and enter your password.
4. Select 'Microphone' on the list on the left-hand side.
5. Locate Zoom.us in the list and ensure the box next to it is selected.
Unmute in Zoom
Ensure you are unmuted in Zoom by opening Zoom and ensuring that there is not a slash through the microphone icon in the bottom left.
The below icon means your Microphone is unmuted:
The below icon means your Microphone is Muted:
Testing in Zoom
1. Open Zoom.
2. Click 'Zoom.us' in the top left-hand corner of your screen, it is located next to the Apple. Click 'Preferences' in the drop-down menu.
3. An option screen should appear, press 'test mic' on this screen and follow the prompts to see if it picks up your microphone.
If the above doesn't work:
1. Try plugging in a pair of headphones with a microphone, and try the 'Testing in Zoom' option again.
2. If step 1 fixes your problem, you may have a problem with your MacBook's Microphone. Please bring your MacBook to the IT department's HelpDesk (In the Library) at your earliest convenience.
***If you intend on bringing your device in during the COVID-19 period, please submit a ticket prior to doing so to ensure that a member of the IT Department is on-site.***
Please sign in to leave a comment.