1. Open System Preferences by clicking on the Apple logo in the top left and finding 'System Preferences' in the drop-down menu.
2. The following window will open, locate 'Security & Privacy' as highlighted below.
3. Click 'Privacy' along the top as highlighted below. and click the lock icon in the bottom left, when prompted enter your password.
4. Locate 'Camera' on the bar on the left-hand side, then find 'zoom.us'. Ensure there is a blue tick to the left of the logo. This will make sure Zoom has access to the camera.
5. Locate 'Microphone' on the bar on the left-hand side, then find 'zoom.us'. Ensure there is a blue tick to the left of the logo. This will make sure Zoom has access to the microphone.
If you continue to have problems:
1. Open Zoom.us, the logo looks like this:
2. Once open, locate 'zoom.us' in the top left-hand corner, it is located next to the Apple logo. Click on it as shown below, and a drop-down menu will open, once open, locate 'preferences' and click on it.
3. This screen will open:
4. Locate 'Video' on the side, and ensure you are able to see yourself on the page. If not, click on the drop-down menu as shown below, and ensure the correct camera is selected, the camera should be called 'Facetime HD Camera'.
5. Locate 'Audio' on the left-hand side, and press 'test mic', the bar below should be colourful as it hears your voice. If it does not detect anything, ensure the correct microphone is selected by clicking on the drop-down bar.
If you are still having trouble, please submit a ticket or come and see us at the HelpDesk in the Library.